ABOUT FRAN CAFFEY SANDIN
Fran, a registered nurse, retired, and freelance writer, is the wife of a physician, mother of two and grandmother of three. She is an organist for her church where she and her husband teach a couples’ class, and she assists with other ministries. Fran is a member of AWSA (Advanced Writers and Speakers Association), speaks for ladies’ groups, and has been interviewed regarding her books on both radio and television stations in the U.S. and in Canada. She enjoys walking, hiking, sailing, snowshoeing, reading, baking, and playing with her grandchildren.
FRAN’S PUBLISHED WRITINGS:
- Touching the Clouds: Encouraging Stories to Make
Your Faith Soar
(NavPress, 2003) has been translated into Korean and Russian.
- See You Later, Jeffrey (Tyndale House, 1988) has also been translated into Russian.
- Courage for the Chicken Hearted (Honor Books, 1988) and its sequel Eggstra Courage for the Chicken Hearted (Honor Books, 1999) were co-authored with four Greenville writers, became best-sellers, and were also published in hardback by Guideposts. Also translated into Korean.
Fran also recommends books by her son, Steve Sandin.
Fran edited Drawing Closer, Growing Stronger by Don Anderson (Multnomah, 1997)
Fran has contributed devotionals, chapters, or quotes to the following books:
- Family Traditions that Last a Lifetime (Tyndale, 1993)
- The Strength of a Woman (Broadman & Holman, 1994)
- Treasury of God’s Virtues (Publications International, LTD, 1998)
- Seasons of a Woman’s Heart (Starburst Publishers, 1999)
- Quiet Whispers from God’s Heart for Women (Countryman, 1999)
- Treasures of a Woman’s Heart (Starburst, 2000)
- Christmas with God (Honor Books, 2000)
- In the Garden with God (Honor Books, 2000)
- Humor for a Woman’s Heart (Howard, 2001)
- Humor for a Mom’s Heart (Howard, 2002)
- Silver and Gold (NavPress, 2003)
- Intimate Moments with God (Cook Communications, 2003)
- Intimate Encounters with God (Cook Communications, 2003)
- What We’ve Learned So Far: Thoughts on Turning 50 ( Life Journey, 2004)
- The Right Words for Hard Times (New Seasons, 2006)
- Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul 2(Health Communications, Inc., 2006)
- What I Learned from God While Cooking (Barbour, 2006)
- Humor for a Sister’s Heart (Howard, 2007)
- 30 Ways to Embrace Life: Wise Women Share Their Secrets by Lucinda Secrest McDowell and Friends (Quiet Waters Publications, 2010)
Magazine articles have been published in:
Decision, Moody, Virtue, Home Life, Aspire, The Joyful Woman, Women Alive! Journal of Christian Nursing, Focus on the Family Physician, Christian Medical and Dental Society Journal, Pray, The Christian Communicator, The Cross and Quill, Country, and many others. One of her articles has been translated in Chinese and another in Russian.Click on the links, below, to read the articles.